martes, 12 de noviembre de 2013

We have to be green!

I think that environmentally friendly practices are learned from the family. If you have parents that do not respect the environment and pollute all the time without conscience, probably you’re going to be the same. In my case, I could say that my family taught me to be respectfull with the environment, especially with animals, that have feelings and if you hurt them, they are going to feel a lot of pain.

I love to use the bike, but to go to the university I prefer using public transportation because I don’t have a helmet so it scares me a little bit to go there without it. Of course it is a lot more comfortable traveling in a car but I hate it when I see like 20 cars with only one person in each. they occupy so many space and contaminate very much!

I’ve never joined any eco organization, I think this is because I’m not so into it. But maybe someday I will join some organization. And when I have my own house I’ll do the best I can for recycling, saving water and not polluting. When I have a family I will teach them how to recycle and that you have to be respectful with the environment because mother nature provides us with many important things so we have to thank her in some way and, of course, protect her.


I think Santiago and Chile in general hasn’t a eco culture. In the last few years, some towns have incorporated eco politics but the Chilean idiosyncrasy is not advanced in this aspect (not only in this aspect but everything). So I think Chilean people have to be more conscience about this problem especially because we are a country with so much nature that it has to be protected.  


3 comentarios:

  1. I agree with you in the last paragraph, and have some eco transportations could be very good!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think that Chile hasn't an eco-culture too, it sucks :c

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I agree with you about the people who use the car with only person, they could take some neighbours or friends xD

    ResponderEliminar